Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Yoga Week

This past week, Santosha Yoga on Elgin was celebrating their 1 year anniversary and as a present, they were giving free classes all week!  I haven't gone to yoga in a little while so I thought it was about time to get back into it again.  Monday I went with my friend Bekka to a Yin yoga class that was not too bad and we made plans to go to a special Acro-Yoga on Friday.  We arrived for that and were super excited! Acro-yoga is a partnered (and sometimes a group) yoga that's kind of a mix between yoga and dance and you work with your partner's body to do positions.  It was hands down the most fun yoga class I have ever done!  The stuff we were doing was ridiculous!  Straight out of cirque de soleil!  Flying poses (like the picture) and headstands on each other's body and not the floor, a giant group roll into downward dog.  It was just SO much fun I want to do it again badly!  Bekka and I, and Bekka's friend Diena said we're going to practice to get our core stronger since it's a huge core exercise and then hopefully we'll be able to go to the workshops in November that are put on by our teachers' yoga teachers from Montreal who choreographed Cirque de Coleil in LA!  Ridiculous fun!  Then to finish off the week of free yoga i went to a "hangover yoga" class yesterday afternoon.  It was a really good class and I'll definitely go again next week, but let's just say that it was too intense that I could NEVER do that class if I actually was hungover! hahaha.  I'm pretty pumped that I'm back into yoga again after taking a hiatus with my crazy busy month, now it's all back on track.  And if anyone ever gets the chance to do acro-yoga, DEFINITELY do it!! So much fun, but you usually need a partner.
(This is a picture of the flying Superman pose that Bekka and I were doing, but this is not the two of us, it's just a pic I got from Google.  And Bekka could hold me up and make me fly too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment