Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

To Pose Nude or To Not Post Nude...That is the question

So I was talking with some friends the other day and we were discussing art classes and posing nude for art classes.  The idea was brought up to pose nude for people to sketch.  The class pays the model $75.  The model doesn't get to see the drawings when completed, which I'd really like to see.  So, when it was suggested that I pose for a class, it got me wondering....am I comfortable enough with my body and in my own skin to put it all out there for any rando from a public art class to oogle my goodies to put down on paper?  Do I feel comfortable being a "David" model, or despite my appreciation for my body, do my insecurities hold me back from allowing myself to be expressed in the nude while artists in training hone their human body sketching skills?  I wonder, how many people are comfortable enough with their bodies that they would pose nude for a public art class?  So I thought I'd put up a survey to see what the consensus would be.  Feel free to comment as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment