Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Growing up....

Last weekend I was "growing up" by finally graduating university.  My mom and grandma sat in the audience at the National Arts Center for two hours to hear my name be called as a graduate for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program from the University of Ottawa and to watch me walk across the stage, shake hands with the Chancellor or the school (didn't know we even had one of those) and then shake hands with the President of the University, and walk off.  It was nice to finally be done and I'm happy that my mom now knows how to text so that we were able to text each other throughout the entire ceremony, but the best part of the day was lunch where my sister and her boyfriend Tony came as well as dinner where my brother and Jessica showed up.  It was really good to see my mom and grandma again since it's been awhile and I'm still not sure when I'll be back home next to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment