Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

24 Hour Recap

This is my 24 hour recap of what I've done...woke up still drunk from the awesome dinner party at Derek's and then going dancing at Patty Boland's. So I took the morning slow, including lazing on the couch watching Will and Grace and trying to rehydrate the screaming cells in my brain. I tidied the apt a bit before Emilie came over (we hadn't seen each other in like a week and a half, but felt like a month) and we drank a bottle of chardonnay while watching Sicko and talking. A bottle and slight retoxication later, Emilie had to leave to catch her bus to have supper with her family. Pretty much as soon as she walked out my apartment, my mom called to say that my family was downstairs (thanks for the warning! lol). I went downstairs to greet my mom and my baba and mom's bf and my sister. My mom brought a bunch of stuff from back home for me, so we brought the stuff upstairs and did a quick tour of my apartment for them. As they walked out of my apartment to head back down the elevator my mom says "you know we're going for supper, is that what you're wearing?" I was told that dinner reservations were for 7:30, not 6 (the time it was) to which she replied "ops, I thought I told you the change of plans. We'll grab stuff or get ready really quick, we'll be in the car". So a change of shirt and pants, a little hair paste and I'm heading down the car with a spare toothbrush in hand. We went to The Westin, and mom and baba changed to be ready for dinner at Milestones with my brother and his girlfriend (Jess) and her family; Dave and Jess got back from Australia the night before and that day was Jess' grad. After dinner, we went to Dave and Jess' place where they gave each of us something they picked up from Australia - they got me a really nice Quicksilver shirt. After that I spur-the-moment went and grabbed Blizzards with Ricky from Dairy Queen! Haven't been there in forever - it was delish, but medium was way too big after dinner and without the gym for two days (don't worry I made up for it today in the dungeon cause I know you're all worried lol). Chilled at home after the DQ and Westboro car-cruise; again watching W&G. Today I pretty much lazed around, planned the dinner party I'm having with my fam at my place tomorrow and set up LACEY COMING TO VISIT ME!!!! My friend Mike is in Ottawa and his truck is back home in Timmins and he needs it so he's been desperately looking for someone to drive his truck down for him. So since Lacey just got home from St. Catherine's and I haven't seen her in forever she's going to do it and it works perfect cause she'll get in tomorrow in time for my dinner party, then wednesday we'll hangout all day and go dancing at HUMP night, then Thursday she's gunna get a ride home with my mom. I CAN'T WAIT! I'm currently sitting on the patio at Bridgehead (to use their internet and get my caffeine fix) while I wait for when my mom is ready and then I'll head over to The Westin to take my baba out for dinner; it's going to be a INTERESTING time with her that's for sure, but I'll update you on that tomorrow when we see how it goes. Emilie and Laurice are having their convocation today (SUPER happy for them, not so impressed that I'm not with them) and I'm expecting and planning to go out after their done. The day's beautiful out and so many of the people I love are here or coming and I'm in a great mood! Loving Life, hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment