Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dinner with my Baba

I talked in my last post "Recap of the Past 24 Hours" that I was going to be going for dinner with my grandma, and I did go on Monday with her. We went for a walk in Major Hill Park and then started our way through the Market to try and find a restaurant that we wanted to eat at. While walking, my sister called to say that she wanted to come with us for supper so I invited her and told her to join us. We ended up deciding to go to Stella; it's one of my favourite nicer places in the market that has really good italian food and a great atmosphere. The three of us ordered and talked, and when the food arrived, my sister had two bites then looked uber pale and said she wasn't feeling well and excused herself to the bathroom. When she came back she said that she had to go home cause she wasn't feeling good and she wanted to lay down. So then it was back to just Baba and me like the original plan. This was the plan because I came out to my grandma over this supper; this was important as she's the only family member who doesn't know and I'm super close with her so I wanted to do it in person rather than my mom telling her. I wasn't nervous to tell her cause we're so close, but I had NO clue how she'd react - anyone who knows Baba knows she's often focused on her own thoughts and her own world and is very oblivious to her surroundings....this was no different. haha. I told her "I'm gay" and she responded with, "You're good? That's good! I'm happy that you're good!" hahaha. After recaping what she just missed, we had a really awesome conversation about it (actually way better than the one with my mom a few years ago! lol.) Who'd have thought Baba would be the best convo and had the best questions - not like my mom's first question of "does this mean you're going to start sleeping with everyone?" Hahaha. So it was a good convo, great supper, and amazing company! The evening couldn't have gone better, cause after bringing my grandma back to the hotel, Emilie and Laurice finished graduating so I met them at the National Art Center, took a couple pics and then went to Emilie's where the three of us sat around, got drunk and went to bed finally around 3am only to have to be up at 7:45 for my 8am class. It was all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment