Search This Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Auntie Loo's Treats


I had my family over for a dinner party on wednesday evening and as a surprise for dessert I got special treats from a vegan bakery that's owned and run by a friend and girl I know, who has an amazing business! I told her I was going to blog about it cause I can't tell people enough how amazing she is but how crazy delicious and good her baked goods are!! The name of her business is Auntie Loo's Treats and it's found at 507 Bronson Avenue in Ottawa, just past Gladstone. The quaint little bakery is open Tuesday through Thursday from 3pm-6:30pm, and Saturday 8am-2pm; although, Mandi Loo is often at the shop before 6am baking up a storm. I walk by her shop almost everyday to catch my bus, and the door to the bakery is often open with amazing smells wafting out enticing me to go in but I'm usually last minute running for the bus. Her desserts are vegan and she also makes gluten-free options, and Mandi firmly believe that in-order for it to be a dessert (even if vegan) that it must taste like dessert....and her treats honestly taste more amazing than grocery store bought baked goods! You'd never know it's vegan! I went in to get some dessert for my family and I was going to buy an assortment of things so that my family could try different things and I had the hardest time deciding what to get! I got 4 different cupcakes and a maple coffee cake and a brownie. They were all AMAZING!!!!!! EVERYONE needs to go to Auntie Loo's and get something! For more information her website is www.auntieloostreats.ca. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment