Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Brampton


Here's a story about a person who was randomly brought into my life a little while ago and unknowing at the time would make one of the most influential changes to me. This person is Dan; or better known amongst my friends and I by his nickname "Brampton". I met Brampton randomly on a chat site online when he was in a chat room with dozens of ravenously horny old men begging him to remove clothes etc. Enter me into the chat room and the animals now had new meat to try to convince to entertain them. Brampton and I quickly became the center of attention in that room (not that I'm complaining since I love being the center of attention and he does too). We started private messaging and talking privately while the hungry men sent messages in the group chat, trying to seduce one of us to begin removing clothes; the group didn't know that Brampton and I were getting to know each other and having our own chat on the side where we talked about the creeps in the main chat. We'd then go back to the main chat and type things egging the group to seduce each other. Hahahaha. It was hilarious! Brampton and I eventually left the group and ended up chatting a lot for a number of days and each time we chatted on msn it would be for hours on end. Eventually, one time he said he was going to come visit for the weekend. I was sooooo nervous but uber excited! I sat on the front porch waiting. He arrived and we had a great fun weekend which included leaving the movies to be called to help remove drunk friends from sidewalks and get them into their beds after laying in their own vomit! lol. Then after he left we continued to talk all the time and I planned to go down to visit him when he was going to be performing in a musical. I trained down to visit him and while in Toronto we went to the CN Tower and all over the place. Randomly we went to Niagara Falls on a whim. We went for supper, watched fireworks over the falls (which as anyone who really knows me knows that fireworks are one of my true loves that bring a childlike pure joy to me), and then headed back to his home. The next day I saw his musical which was amazing and the time there was indescribable. I headed back home and we continued to chat on and off and then our lives got the better of us and took over. I admit up until the last little while, I've always led an insanely busy life with no time for myself let alone others, but Brampton's life is like tenfold on mine!

I hate that we don't talk very often anymore because the impact he made in my life, I don't think anyone will ever understand. We didn't even know each other for very long but we had such an understanding of each other. When we hung out together, he treated me like I was the only person in the entire universe and that only I mattered. He showed me how I should love and respect myself enough to realize that THAT is how me (and everyone) deserves to be treated and that it should be what I have with the person I'm with and if not, why not - everyone deserves it. The short time that I've known Brampton, he's taught me about myself more than most of the people I've been with or have met. Even though over the past 9 months our communication hasn't been the greatest (sporadic at best), I still (and think I always will) consider him one of my closest friends. I almost wish there was some way that I could thank and tell Brampton how much he means to my life and how much he's helped me realize not only what I'm capable of having, but what everyone SHOULD have and nothing less. I know I've told him on msn and stuff and number of times, but I don't think words really explain.

I now think that everyone deserves what I had been shown by Brampton last year. Everyone deserves to feel as the most important person on the planet to someone. Everyone deserves to have true joy and excitement and fun with someone and smile! :D It's hard to actually realize this yourself. Everyone enters and leaves dead-end relationships with friends and significant others (or maybe insignificant others) but too often we fight for these relationships to not end when they're really not nearly what we deserve. We settle even when we pretend to our friends and ourselves that we aren't. When we're sad about a relationship ending that is less than perfect, we have to realize we all deserve perfect and suddenly this pseudo relationship isn't as sad to come to an end. This is what Brampton taught me and hopefully through me he can help you realize this; and if he can't hopefully very soon you all get to experience it cause you deserve it more than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment