Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Honey I'm Home and I've Had a Hard Day


Last Thursday was the last time Emilie was in Ottawa; she left her hometown for the past 5 years to drive away with her dad and all her belongings in a white rapist van headed for her real hometown of Scarborough to live with her parents till she gets a job and moves out on her own. But I'll update you on the night before she left....we had a party at her empty apartment since Emilie, Laurice, Jess and Emilie's dad and I loaded all Emilie's stuff into the rapist van while Emilie put clothes in two suitcases. Lol, yes she was SOOO helpful! hahahaha. So as we partied the night away with drinking games, pseudo sangria and using all the booze left in the apartment, Spice Girls music, dancing while the kitchen light strobed and Laurice putting Waka Waka by Shakira on about 18 times in the night, interrupted only by the occasional cry fest as a friend had to leave. At the end of the drunken night, we walked Laurice's drunk ass home and then cabbed to my apartment for Emilie and my final sleepover. After about 4 hours sleep we woke up to cab back to Emilie's to throw out everything left from the party and head for breakfast (for the last time) at Moondog - due to everyone's over intoxication from the previous night, only Emilie and I made it to breakfast lol. After breakfast we chilled on the floor of Emilie's while Laurice finally woke up and met us to chill till Emilie's dad came to get her at 10. While chilling, Laurice told us that after we brought her home, she ended up going for a HUGE run all night long while WASTED! hahaha. Then the time came for her dad to get her and the tears happened (although I held them in good till I left her apartment and headed to the bus stop). She left. The final Emilie in Ottawa moment for me was me crossing the street infront of where we got drunk many times (La Maison), heading to campus bus stop with tears in my eyes and hearing her yell "Bye Lover!" as I turn to see her drive away with her dad....in the rapist van. I decided to bump my flight home up to be immediately after Emilie leaves so that I could get away to see friends and family back home and be distracted if even just for the weekend. It worked....I landed in Timmins. I had a great weekend - jam packed busy as always when I'm home for too short a period. Hung out with my mom and Jean-Guy a lot. Saw my Baba a number of times (even surprised her and went to CHURCH after drinking all the previous day!!). Friday I drank with Jo and did our regular dose of stupid shit and practical jokes in various locations. Saturday was golf tournament with Me, Kaitlyne, Lacey and Jo....so basically a drinking tournament with some golf. We had brought 2 40s of rum and a 26er of Malibu with us and then bought beer while playing too. So much fun! After the tournament and supper, we went to Kate's house for a pool party but the pool was WAY too cold so we settled for drinking games at the kitchen table. Then we headed out to the new strip club to watch the wrinkliest 40 year old stripper use a pole and then headed to other bars before heading our own ways home. Then in the morning i went to church and then had lunch with fam, headed to visit with Brianne for a bit before heading to the airport to fly back to Lonelyville. I arrived in Ottawa and it was instantly weird to not have emilie. We ususally talk on the phone from the time I get on the bus at the airport till I get home planning when we're hanging out that night and this time we couldn't. I hated it and was mega bummed. Thankfully Cassie came to pick me up and bring me to her place to hangout with her and her hubby Brent to cheer me up (and it did). And today?......back to being shitty without Emilie. I want her to come back! But, I'll survive - with the help of all the people I know in Ottawa! So that's been my hiatus in Shania Twain Land!

No comments:

Post a Comment