Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

B, WoW, CM and the SSS

I have a really good friend, who I always think of as more of a sister than a friend, but she has a problem.....she's a active member of the Social Suicide Society (SSS, appropriately named this back in high school). This "society" includes people who cannot be separated from their computer and video games on electronic devices, and as a result, isolate themselves leading to social suicide. Now, my great friend "B" is an amazing person....but she loves her some WoW (World of Warcraft). Loves it a little bit too much! EVERY time I talk to her she tells me she' on WoW talking to CM (her lover in San Diego). Even when B and I chat on Skype and she says she misses me, etc and I tell her let's Skype call then and she tells me every time that she can't cause she's talking to CM. UGH! Not even just B always on WoW talking to CM so she can't talk to anyone else in the world, but she also get a little.....focused? Obsessed maybe? lol. She has been known, to forget about me coming to visit and hang out with her for the day and not getting dressed by 3pm because she's playing WoW! And don't get me wrong, I'm all for the jammies till afternoon, but she told me to let her know when I was coming. I told her to be ready by noon cause I'd be coming sometime after that. And then just before I left to catch the bus from my apartment to hers I told her I was on my way (this was around 2) and yet when I get to her house, she was "distracted" playing WoW to get changed. Incase B and anyone else didn't know....addiction treatment centers have whole departments exclusively for WoW addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment