Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Brother Gone

You're gone away to a place known by few.
You're going away and I don't want you to.
There's nothing I can do to keep you here with me.
I know that you need to go; protect the brave and free.
I can't explain with words how I feel inside;
a mix of sadness, fear, anger, jealousy and pride.
I hold back sobs, I hold back tears, like a dam about to burst.
I know you're smart, I hope for the best, but I fear the worst.
You're in my prayers all the time, and there you'll always stay.
Not a second will pass when I don't think of you, while you're gone away.
This symbol on my finger, is where it'll always be;
it's more than just a bond, it's a pact you'll return to me.
When times are tough while you're gone away, we just have to remember...
It feels long now but time will fly, and I'll see you in November.
I'm proud of the man you've become, to do what you're gone to do.
Just know every moment I think of you, and brother I love you.

March 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment