Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mom's Cookie Packages


They always say the first step is admitting you have a problem. Well I have a problem. I am addicted to cookies! Cookies are my favourite food group and there is nothing in the world that tastes better than cookies! I can eat them all the time, any time (except when I'm sick. That's how you can tell something's wrong with me lol). And I have the best mother to enable my addiction. It started when I was leaving to university in 2006 and my mom and just gotten me a cook book called "The Cookie Bible". She knew that living in rez that I wouldn't be baking cookies so she foolishly, but to my SUPREME HAPPINESS, promised me that she would bake and send me a batch of cookies every two weeks. And she did! Every two weeks I would be excited to see that paper slip in my residence mailbox saying I had a package. I'd take the box upstairs and quickly open it to reveal what marvels laid inside this package. This Marc's Mom's Package ritual because a pretty well known hoopla on my floor and it was common to have 3 or 4 people in my room to see what she had sent "this time" (they also knew they'd be offered cookies if they were around lol). And every parcel had a new type of cookie from The Bible. Then after moving out of rez into my first place with roommates, I though the cookies would stop; they didn't! Mom's cookie packages still come (and still come!) very frequently; sure they don't come on a regular 2 week schedule anymore, but they still come! I think mom knows that cookies have a hold over me that I can't get out of (not that I'd try to escape the delicious babies). When I'm depressed or stressed, I get cookies. When I'm happy and loving life, I get cookies. When I've not been home in awhile, I get cookies. Hell I got cookies last week and then today I got a package in the mail and the only thing in the box?......cookies! My mom and her boyfriend made cookies for me and my siblings (I think every once and awhile she feels guilty for not sending them as many lol) and she sent a batch to my friend Lacey in St. Catherine's. This isn't the first time she's sent cookies to friends of mine, and I doubt it's the last. I love having such an enabling mother and that her partner believes in enabling my habit too! I started this batch of cookies and I imagine they will all be gone by the end of tomorrow (if they make it till then), and I'm already looking forward to the next batch! I become animal like when the cookie boxes arrive and pretty much tear everything apart just to get to them (as you can tell from the photo). So if anyone needs anything from me....just give me cookies and I'll do it!

1 comment:

  1. i want cookies! and i am sooooo excited for them to come

    ReplyDelete