Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Clarence In My Bedroom

As I finish the last bit of packing my bedroom, I come across my accumulation of used needles and IV needles that I have not taken the time to bring to a needle drop-off bin. The IV needles are from the times Emilie and I practice our nursing skills on each other. I know people think this sounds crazy, but to us, we'd rather be better at the skill and not need to practice and poke our patients tons of times. The regular needles are from the monthly allergy injections that I give to myself because I don't have the time to keep my serum at a doctor's office and then go to the clinic every month and wait for my shot; so I give it to myself. The sharps bin I got from the needle exchange in second year and is WAY over its capacity! The time I first got the needles from the needle exchange in second year, the nurse working the site thought I was starting to use drugs (since I had no track marks) and she said it was breaking her heart that such a young kid was getting into street drugs and was turning down all the vitamins, and sterile spoons, etc. The latest batch of needles for my allergy injections was acquired at the Aids Committee of Ottawa. I guess I'll be dropping these off in a drop-off bin before the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment