Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back in the Drinking Days

When I was in grade 12, I because friends with two guy Jo and Eryk (brothers) and they became really good buddies of mine. Jo and I were bad influences on each other and when the two of us were around each other stupid shit always ensued. Stupid ideas like starting a band named "Tennis", starting our own meth business in Timmins, starting a male strip club in the north(I still think this is a good idea), stealing random shit like construction signs, and various legal and illegal activites; however, I'd like to say that 90% of the time we were drunk when coming up with our master plans.

The three of us used to play tennis all the time. Tennis is the love of my life! These guys were the ones who taught me how to play and then within 2 years of playing, I was working for the city as the tennis instructor for the summer. We made roadtrips in summer to Sudbury where they have the indoor tennis courts just to play tennis while the snow was around. Nothing makes me feel the same way as playing tennis. But then at some point they got more busy and less tennis playing was occurring (which sucked).

One random day when Jo and I were at Tim Hortons for coffee, he said that he wanted to get a kayak (out of nowhere) and so spontaneously I said I'd get one too! We drove down to Canadian Tire and bought kayaks, life jackets, paddles, and we started kayaking that summer! Hahaha. Ridiculous, but SO much fun! We'd bring beer and tie it to the back of the kayaks so they were in the water dragging behind; but the drag from the beer would slow us down and make paddling SO hard that we had to drink pretty quick. Then drunkenly, we'd fool around with our kayaks in the water; ramming them into each other, sinking them, etc. It was all fun and games till one time I was like "Jo is my back bleeding? it feels like I cut it." And he was like "no". 5 mins later...."Remember when you asked if your back was bleeding? Well it's gushing blood." Hahaha. Have a little scar that still shows up when I'm tanned in the summer.

Although, despite all that, drinking has always been something that remained. We always drank, and usually a lot! In grade 12, the last year before I left for university, I worked full time and was a student part time. But every wednesday Jo and Eryk were off work; so I'd skip every wednesday and the three of us would get breakfast, then do something (often get booze related supplies). And we'd drink early in the day. We started making shooters, like the fancy ones with layers and different colours, etc. We became really good at it too! And trust me, it's not easy when you're drunk trying to do that. But it was fun. Those shooter nights we'd drink like one, maybe two beer in the night and tons and tons of shots. I can't even do a sixth of the number of shots I used to do then! It was ridiculous! Now, when I return to hangout with them and drink, there's not usually shots anymore haha. We're getting old I think. And often I return or am about to return from Ottawa and Jo tells me he's not drinking anymore for various workout reasons, but I think I'm his drinking kryptonite cause he can't refuse when I'm around. We get wasted together.

I miss those times cause I'm not home enough to party and hang out with them. And I miss the stupid, STUPID ideas and things that Jo and I get into. I'm pumped to get home to see them again. Maybe I should try and convince them to come down here (even though Jo never would). I can't wait to party, kayak and play tennis again.


A normal shots night at the Rice house

No comments:

Post a Comment