Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chez Nous

I don't go back home to Timmins very often anymore since I left for university in Ottawa. I got either Thanksgiving or Easter, and Christmas and usually a couple times in the summer. When I do go back home it's always to visit friends and family and it ALWAYS leads to drinking liver-damaging amounts. I always try and see all my friends while I'm home (because there's a bunch of different friend circles), but regardless of the group....there's pretty much always booze. What else are we supposed to do in the frigid north!? The bars suck! The "club" (yes just one) is the most ridiculously sad room with flashing lights and music. But a Timmins tradition is that at the end of the night of boozing and bingeing, that almost everyone grabs food; often greasy chinese at the ever sketchy London Cafe or Pizza Pizza. The most traditional food though has to be Chez Nous poutine - hands down! It's is the most delicious disgusting poutine of life! At the end of bar nights, the little corner store is packed solid with people waiting for their various kinds of poutine; regardless of whether it's the middle of the summer, or -35 degrees in a snow storm and you can't even hold the poutine anymore cause your hands are so frostbitten-frozen (yeah I know from experience lol). It's funny though cause I don't actually get hungry when I drink, and I almost never eat; unless I'm WASTED and need food to prevent dying throughout the night. hahaha. So for my physique, it's probably better that I live 800+ kms away from Chez Nous, cause they definitely don't help the six-pak! Hahaha. Although, every time I go back home, there's always still at least one time each trip where Chez Nous is a MUST; but only drunk, they're not to be eaten sober and never question their health standards. haha.


Looking COMPLETELY sober eating poutine at Chez Nous one night in Timmins

No comments:

Post a Comment