Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother Teresa

My mom is the most amazing person you could ever meet! Years ago, friends of hers gave her the nickname "Mother Teresa"; not just for the similarity in name, but because the amazing person they both are. My mom raised me, my brother and sister on her own and she still managed to not screw us up (if I can say that myself lol). And not only did she raise us, but she always wanted (and still wants) us to have the best opportunities possible. She would sacrifice things for herself so that we could be enrolled in different recreational activities or do different things at school or go on trips around the world, because that was more important to her than her getting new clothes, or pampering herself or really doing anything for herself. She always said that her kids are her top priorities and that she'll start focusing on herself when my sister had finally left for university and my mom would have no kids at home to focus on.

My mom taught me so many things over the years, and I am who I am because of her. I know I'm in school to be a nurse because of how she raised me to care for others. Despite the insanely challenging, hard times we have gone through as a family, my mom has always remained a rock and even at her weakest, she was wonder woman; I can only dream of having a quarter her strength. I'm sooo proud of her and I love that our relationship is closer than it ever has (some may say a little weirdly close lol).

My mom has some quotes or sayings that she says often (which often drive me crazy) and I thought I'd share a couple:

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - This one is definitely my LEAST favourite one, even though it's kinda true but I wouldn't admit that to her ever.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".

Love you Mom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment