Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lacey


So as I sit in Bridgehead (a fair trade, organic coffee shop) in my athletic CK black briefs (to allow more breathability on this scorching hot and humid day), I'm racking my brain to think of something I wanna blog about. I came here to do my blogging cause since I moved to my new apt I decided to not get internet but rather tether internet from my phone's data plan when I need internet and when I wanna stream tv (cause I don't have a tv or cable either) I just go to campus and catch up on my shows; however, I've reached my data plan max for the month and so I'm stealing internet here to blog. I've already posted on my Underwear You Want It blog but for some reason, today it's easier to write about underwear and not about my life! Hahaha. And as the caffeine is definitely kicking in, as seen in my jittery body and twitching legs, it gets harder and harder to concentrate on a topic to blog about. I ask Lacey via Facebook chat what I should blog about and she give me no good advice here (thanks Lace). Then I know! I'll write about Lacey today! She's RIDICULOUSLY important to me AND besides her being one of my best friends and one of the most amazing people in the world, she's been with me in countless ridiculous times in my life! So here we go, all about Lacey today....

I met Lacey in Grade 6 when I just moved to Timmins from Ottawa in the middle of the school year. I remember the moment we met and I think neither of us had any clue how important that moment would be to lead us to this spot 11 years later. We became UBER close in high school with our many drunken adventures and parties, etc. Many of our friends are the same so we were together all the time. Remember when you leave high school and it's the biggest thing in the world cause everyone's leaving and you don't know what you're going to do with your life and everybody's like "nothing's going to be the same" and you think you'll never see anyone again; kinda how it feels all over again when you graduate university. I remember our almost sacred "good byes" that our core group of friends did at Tim Hortons by J&B (yeah Tim Hortons! We're from northern Ontario, not a lot of places to hang out! Get over it! lol). I've learned since being in university that yeah things and friends change when major life events (like leaving for university); however, I believe people come into your life for a purpose and are meant to be there when and for the amount of time they are there. These "life events" can almost be seen as a test to cleanse yourself of people who aren't really in your life for any beneficial reason anymore and the ones that stay are meant to and the bond gets stronger. If the friendship is important to each other, like Lacey and mine, then distance doesn't matter. Granted it SUCKS that I can't just see Lacey whenever I want cause she lives over 400km away, but she's come to visit me here a few times over the years and I've seen her when I've gone to Toronto and Guelph, as well as when we're both back home. It's almost like Lacey and I do live close though because we talk on the phone pretty much every day for usually a couple hours on end. I can't wait till I can see her again though and party with her! Some of the best partying in my life was along side this woman!

I honestly can't imagine what my life would be like if I had never met Lacey or if she ever leaves my life! I know she'll be around for a long time (cause forever is a really long time! lol). We are each other's emotional rocks when things are shitty, stressful or rough, and each other's shrinks when we need advice. Next summer, she will be one of the 4 of us backpacking Europe (which will be amazing and I'll be surprised if we don't die!) and then after that when I move to Australia for the year, I know that things won't change with Lacey and I cause we'll still talk all the time and I imagine see each other just as much as we do now.

Lacey, you're AMAZING and i love you! I can't wait till I see you again (and get drunk!) Both our mom's treat each other as their own kids and I'm excited to see how much stronger our relationship will grow over my lifetime. Till then, I look forward to hearing you on the phone today and can't wait to see you when I go back home for the golf tournament (which is really more of a drinking tournament to me with the option to golf)!

Love ya! Don't ever change! (unless you're going to change where you live to be Ottawa and then Australia lol).

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW CUTENESS!!!
    I must agree with you...Lacey = whaleshark loads of awesome (and that means alot coming from geeky MFB kid over here)
    FUCK I MISS YOU BOTH!
    Also...where the hell is your blog about ME...hope you know I am waiting for one now.
    Love Anastasia VonMatterhorn

    ReplyDelete