Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Skydiving with Baba

Two summers ago, I went skydiving with my Baba! About a year before this, my grandma and I were talking and she just mentioned how she always wanted to go parachuting. I told my mom, and we talked about how we think we should plan this out. We figure, you only have one life to live so she mind as well get to do things she's always wanted to do. We talked about if something was to go wrong, at least she'd have been able to do something she's dreamed of. So my mom and I secretly planned that when my mom would come to get me from university to bring me home for the summer, she'd bring my Baba and then me, my Baba and my brother would go skydiving. So when they finally came down to Ottawa, we went out for supper and I sprung the surprise on my grandma and she couldn't and didn't believe us. We convinced my mom to go as well since the rest of us were all going to be doing it. That night, my grandma got no sleep, but she said she was excited to go. The plane was tiny so it had to be two at a time, so my grandma and I went first. We both LOVED it! Then we were on the ground and saw my mom and my brother go. Dave liked it, but my mom puked the entire way down! hahaha. We were video-taping their jump from the ground and when my mom lands all you hear on the tape is her tandem jumper say "you're my first puker!!" hahaha. Loved it! Now on to bungee jumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment