Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

It IS Ridiculous!

So as many of you know, my life is RIDICULOUS! Well today just further proves that to anyone who was still in doubt. This morning I had stats class and I was hungover for it cause Emilie and I went dancing last night (which was lots of fun) and then when I finally got home in the afternoon, I was still SUPER tired. I was watching Will and Grace while starting to drift into a nap on the couch while I texted back and forth with Ricky. Then I was woken from my nap by my phone ringing. I answered the phone to be greeted by a guy who proceeded to tell me that I won the ballot contest, that I randomly entered on Victoria Day, and the first thing that came out of my mouth was “are you fucking kidding!?” To which he replied “no, I’ve very serious”. I then thought that this was Ricky playing a prank on me, but quickly realized he didn’t know that I had even entered this draw; only Emilie did. So I was on the phone with these people for about half an hour finding out what I won etc, trying to remain calm while on the phone, all I could think about was my mother’s voice telling me ‘if it sounds too good to be true it is’ and that I hope I’m not being scammed and I’m going to end up on Oprah! But I tried to also stay optimistic the whole time too. Ultimately, with checking with people (Lacey, my mom, lacey’s aunt, and logic) we are certain this isn’t a scam! So now after much pacing, lots of joyous outbursts of “Holy Fuck!”, “O My God!”, “Jesus Christ!”, etc and FREAKING OUT and doing a happy dance while on the phone with Lacey, I’m am beyond excited to say that I won a trip for me and three friends to Universal Studios in Orlando Florida, Daytona Florida, and Las Vegas! F’N RIDICULOUS!!!! I’m soooo pumped! My life IS ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment