Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Beach Day

As I sit in here in nothing but my Calvin underwear, watching Troy, after a workout, I thought this would be a good time to blog about last night and today. Last night I was hoping to go out for drinks, but that fell through so I just stayed in and did some painting by candle light and enjoyed the cool breeze; although I was REALLY hoping for the thunderstorm that was promised by the weather network gods. At midnight I had planned on starting a 24 hour vow of silence to work/test my self-discipline, but when I woke I decided to get Quiznos for lunch and quickly realized I couldn't order without talking and so that vow lasted almost 12 hours. Looks like I'll have to attempt this another day! Hahaha. After getting lunch, I headed to Westboro to spend the afternoon at the beach. On my way, I realized I forgot my sunscreen; and with UVs "very high" I wasn't sure how well this would pan out. As the bus approached Westboro, it turned down a detour and wasn't going the usual way. I had no clue where the bus was going. When I got off the bus I didn't know where I was but thought I'd walk and try and find the beach. Usually the bus drops me off just steps from the beach and this time I walked for awhile and came to a random field clearing with trees at the end; not the usual path, but I thought I'd try it. Then I followed a nature trail for a bit and finally found the beach. I quickly discovered why the bus had to go an alternative route. The parkway was closed down so people could bike; and there were hundreds of bikers. Alas, finally I made it to the beach, chilled there (with 10 minute rotations) and read. The beginning started off well with lots of sun, but quickly clouds took over. I finally left after a few hours, but of course I still managed to get sunburnt despite rotating frequently and the sky being blocked with thick clouds. Looks like I better remember my sunscreen when Emilie and I head to the beach tomorrow to study.
This doesn't seem like the usual way to the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment