Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Stuff's in an Alien Home

Yesterday was a LOOOONG day! Emilie and I woke up at 8:30 because the movers were coming to move my stuff at 9:00 and I also had to be at my new apartment for 9:00 to pick up my keys; but the problem was that we were super hungover and going on 2 hours of sleep!! The night before, Emilie and Laurice came over with 5 bottles of wine so we could celebrate the last night drinking in my Jame's apartment. We chilled while I finished packing the last stuff and then hung out on my mattress on the floor and drank more. When 8:30 came around, it was clear my body was still partying. However, the movers came one time and I went and picked up my keys and then the most important trip of the morning, I went and go coffee and a muffin for Emilie and I. The movers were super fast and in less than an hour all my stuff had been packed up into the van. We went over to the new place, and we had a good system of one mover in the elevator, one bringing him stuff from the van and Emilie and I on my apartment floor and the elevator guy would unload the elevator on the floor and we'd bring it to the apartment down the hall. The whole move was less than 2 hours! Although, when the movers left, Emilie and I fell on the couch and could've died we were so tired! Eventually we mustered enough energy to move a couple key things so that when Emilie left to attend her pooch, I could still unpack. I was unpacking till 4am and thank god Emilie came back to help with the unpacking around 6:00 and stayed till midnight. If it wasn't for Emilie, this place would still be a disaster! I have a box for donating (which without Emilie would still be empty lol) and all I have left to organize is some shit on my desk. THANK GOD! I HATE moving, LOVE the new place, and can't wait for everyone to come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment